Sunday, July 09, 2006

Title: Holistic Salvation / Topic: What God Wants

Today’s Reading: Micah 1; Micah 2; Micah 3; Micah 4; Hebrews 6

Scripture: Micah 2:1-3
1 Woe to those who plan iniquity,
to those who plot evil on their beds!
At morning's light they carry it out
because it is in their power to do it.
2 They covet fields and seize them,
and houses, and take them.
They defraud a man of his home,
a fellowman of his inheritance.
3 Therefore, the LORD says:
"I am planning disaster against this people,
from which you cannot save yourselves.
You will no longer walk proudly,
for it will be a time of calamity.

Observation: The Lord pronounces judgment on His people for their wickedness. But notice the kind of wickedness He mentions. It is financial abuse -- cheating, scamming, fraud. God is concerned that His people operate uprightly in financial and business matters. It is not enough to get the "religious aspects" of our lives right.

Application: God wants something that I like to call "holistic salvation." That is, He wants to save my entire life, not just my soul! That means, my whole life needs to be transformed to reflect His character. No area is exempt: my diet, my thoughts, my finances, my sex life, my relationships, my material possessions, my words, my time management, my driving, my habits, and on and on -- everything is to be transformed!

Prayer: Lord, may we allow You to effect positive, Godly change in every area of our lives. May our lives reflect You and Your character without restriction. We want to please You in everything we think, do, and say. Empower us to cooperate with Your will in our lives.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: