Monday, May 21, 2007

Title: The Inner Work / Topic: Holiness

Today’s Reading: 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalm 98; Romans 2

Scripture: Romans 2:29 ...circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code.

Observation: The work of transformation is on the inside not on the outside. It is performed by the Spirit, not by following the law.

Application: This speaks to the fact that growing in holiness is a function of relationship -- allowing God to live in and through our lives. Learning the Bible is important, but knowledge is not enough. We must allow the Holy Spirit to live and rule in our hearts -- to follow his divine leading and listen to his voice. Through this process, he performs the circumcision, the removal of offending and unclean flesh, of our hearts.

Prayer: Lord, I want your Spirit's work to be fully performed and completed in my heart. I desire the full inner work of holiness to be done in me. Help me to walk in the Spirit and allow him full reign in my life. Do your work in me, o Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

CM