Monday, June 11, 2007

Title: The Best Fruit / Topic: Moral Excellence

Today’s Reading: Song of Solomon 5; Song of Solomon 6; Song of Solomon 7; Song of Solomon 8; Philippians 1

Scripture: Philippians 1:9-11
9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

Observation: "...filled with the fruit of righteousness..." What a great prayer! And what a great aspiration: to have my life "filled with the fruit of righteousness." I define righteousness as "moral excellence lived out -- the realization of true purity and justice in my day-to-day life."

Application: To have moral excellence and true purity and justice requires that I let God have me and let him live his life through me. By submission and surrender, I make possible God acting through me as a channel of his fullness and goodness. That's the way I want to live.

Prayer: Lord, it is my desire to increase my capacity to be a channel through which your life can be expressed. Assist and enable me to live for you for fully each and every day. I will live for you.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

CM