Saturday, February 02, 2008

Title: The Ultimate / Topic: God As Source

Today’s Reading: Exodus 33; Exodus 34; Psalm 16; Acts 9

Scripture: Psalm 16:2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

Observation: David gets it right here. Anything that we have that is good comes from the Lord and apart from him, we have no good thing.

Application: All the things of this world that we seek after are ultimately empty. Why do we devote so much energy to material things, to fame, to power, to pleasure? Only what the Lord brings into our lives is truly satisfying. Only those things will truly endure.

Prayer: Lord, I thank you for your servant David and for his clarity in bringing this truth to me. I ask you to awaken my senses to this truth so that all other things fade in comparison to you. I love you, Lord, and I am so grateful that you have called me to know you. Thank you, dear Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: