Saturday, April 19, 2008

Title: The Key To Effective Prayer / Topic: Forgiveness

Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6

Scripture: Matthew 6:14-15
14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Observation: This is in a section where Jesus is teaching about prayer and this is an obvious key to prayer. If we want our prayers to have any effect, we must walk in forgiveness. If I harbor unforgiveness, I effectively cut myself off from God.

Application: Stay sweet. Only by forgiving others am I able to keep my relationship with God wide open. Unforgiveness becomes a choke point that progressively reduces the flow of life between me and God. And unforgiveness which is nurtured can actually jeopardize my standing as a forgiven person before the Lord.

Prayer: Lord, may I never withhold forgiveness, no matter what the offense against me. Help me to operate in your Spirit and power of forgiveness.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: