Friday, June 09, 2006

Title: Keep It Simple / Topic: Holy Living

Today’s Reading: Ecclesiastes 10; Ecclesiastes 11; Ecclesiastes 12; Psalm 94; Ephesians 5

Scripture: Ecclesiastes12:13-14
13 Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.

Observation: The Bottom Line. This is what everyone wants to know: "Tell me the bottom line." Solomon, at the end of all his musings, his rantings and ravings, his cynicism and scornfulness, breaks it down in these two verses. And here's what we need to know and to do:

#1 - Fear God
#2 - Keep His commandments

Then he gives us the "why": because God is watching and there will be a final reconciling of all accounts known as "judgment".

Application: KISS - Keep It Simple Saints! I need a serious attitude about God. He is, after all, Almighty God and I will stand before Him and give an account for my life. Therefore I need to walk in ultimate respect and reverence for Him as if He is watching at all times because He actually is!

Prayer: Lord, help me. I want to walk in the present presence with You. I want to experience the healthy fear of God continually in my life to keep me relating rightly to You and my fellow travelers on this planet. Help me to stay in tune and in touch with You continually -- and increasingly.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. This sums up all wisdom.