Sunday, September 17, 2006

Title: Free, Fresh Water / Topic: Refresh

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 42; Ezekiel 43; Ezekiel 44; Revelation 22

Scripture: Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Observation: Come! The invitation goes out to everyone. "Anyone thirsty out there? Come! Take the free gift of the water of life." That is the message and method of God. "If you want it, come and get it. If you have a need, seek to have it met." I love the openness and ready availability of God's provision. I also notice that this invitation is coming from "The Spirit and the bride." The Spirit is, of course, the Holy Spirit of God. Who is the bride? It's us, the church. We, in agreement with the spirit say, "come and get refreshed."

Application: I better have something that refreshes when they come. Tired old clichés, worn out religious language, even my own moldy testimonies won't refresh. I have to have something new, fresh, and alive. I am supposed to be dispensing the water of life -- living water. I need to be immersed in Jesus and overflowing so that when the thirsty come in, I'm not dry myself, but I have something fresh and refreshing to give to them.

Prayer: Lord, help me live in the fresh now with You. Thank You for Your openhanded, gracious, giving nature. Thank You that You offer the water of life to all who are thirsty. Help me and all Your people to be filled and overflowing so that we can deliver the goods to those who are seeking.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Cynthia Stipech said...

Interesting application. I like it.