Friday, October 27, 2006

Title: Get Paul To Rome! / Topic: God's Will

Today’s Reading: Job 18; Psalm 114; Acts 27; Acts 28

Scripture: Acts 28:30-31
30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31 Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Observation: These two verses, the last of today's reading give a simple account of what happened when Paul got to Rome. How he got there was another story, with a brutal storm, a ship wreck, treacherous sailors, over-zealous soldiers, a merciful centurion, a snake bite, multiple healings, and finally arrival at Rome. The Lord had spoken to Paul and told him that Rome was his destination and that he would testify there. I find it amazing how God got Paul to Rome.

Application: Nothing can stand in the way of God's will. When the order went out to get Paul to Rome, the angelic travel agency sprang into action to plan his itinerary. Just imagine the planning for this trip!

Bottom line: God has plans for me. He can use everything from a storm to a snake as He chooses. I get the privilege of being along for a most interesting ride.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You, Lord, that my life and times and places are in Your hands. I make my plans, but You direct my steps. My feet have fallen in pleasant places. Thank You that You use everything to bring about Your perfect will for my life. Help me to make the most of it.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

2 comments:

Cynthia Stipech said...

I often think that Oprah and her talk-show cronies miss interviewing the most interesting people. The simplest disciple who is living to follow Jesus usually has a much more adventurous than most of Hollywood's elite. Oh, the stories we could tell!

Anonymous said...

So, is Paul hard-headed, or just focused? What a witness!