Saturday, October 28, 2006

Title: "We Have Never Seen..." Topic: Miracles

Today’s Reading: Job 19; Mark 1; Mark 2

Scripture: Mark 2:10-12
10 ...He said to the paralytic, 11 "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!"

Observation: "We have never seen anything like this!" And neither have I. Isn't it a shame that those people of God in that day knew nothing of the healing power of God until Jesus healed this paralyzed man? Isn't it a shame that we, the people of God today, really know practically the same nothing of the healing power of God right now? I mean, really -- isn't it a shame?

Application: I believe in the power of God to heal. And I have prayed for many people to be healed in Jesus' name. But I have never seen even one truly amazing miraculous healing. I have heard of amazing healings. I have read about amazing healings. I have seen testimonies of amazing healings. But I haven't seen one.

Prayer: Lord, I don't understand why Your power to heal is so unknown in the place where I live. I believe that You are the all-powerful creator God who caused all things to exist. You said, "Let there be..." and there was, just as You said. Lord, I know You have the power so I ask You, Father, to release healings -- dramatic, amazing healings to us here and now. I am grateful for the headaches relieved and the colds shortened, but, Lord, I want to see with my own eyes, paralyzed people get up out of wheelchairs and walk. I want to see blind people seeing, and deaf people hearing. Lord, release miracles of healings to us hear and now. I humbly ask it, Father.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Amen! Are we willing to travail in prayer to see the hand of God move in healings and deliverances? I wonder. And we seem to want miracle healings more than demonic deliverances for people, which Jesus seemed to do as much of (maybe more) as making the blind see or the deaf hear. Hmmm. I'm speaking to myself as much as anyone else. I'm more lazy spiritually than I want to admit.