Saturday, October 14, 2006

Title: Use What You Have / Topic: Availability

Today’s Reading: Nehemiah 11; Nehemiah 12; Psalm 1; Acts 3

Scripture: Acts 3:6-8
6 Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7 Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.

Observation: I like what Peter said to the beggar. The beggar wanted cash. They didn't have any cash. But Peter didn't say, "Sorry, I gave at the office." He said, "I don't have cash, but what I do have I give to you."

Application: God does not need you and me to give something we do not possess. We just need to give what we have. Of course, that means we need to be in close contact with the Lord Jesus so that what we have isn't just our own paltry creations. But like He did with Peter and John, God can release a miracle if we will step out and offer. (I wonder how many miracles I have missed because I chickened out.)

Prayer: Lord, help us to be willing to use what we have for You. You don't ask us to come up with miracles on our own, or produce a satchel full of cash. I think You are simply looking for people who will let You work through them to bless others. I want to be one of those people. Help me, Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: