Friday, December 22, 2006

Title: Follow The Leader / Topic: Serving

Today’s Reading: John 12; John 13; John 14

Scripture: John 13:12-17
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. 13 "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Observation: I just love this story. Jesus gives the moral of the story here.

Application: It's all about serving. Jesus set the example by serving in a very basic and practical way. This example is something that we are to follow. Jesus said we would be blessed if we "do them." Let's do these things.

Prayer: Lord, I want to be like Jesus. He lived a life of love and showed us how to live. Help me to follow well.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

What I love about you is that you embody this scripture very well.