Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Title: Dignity? / Topic: God's Values

Today’s Reading: Exodus 28; Exodus 29; Acts 7

Scripture: Exodus 28:2 Make sacred garments for your brother Aaron, to give him dignity and honor."

Observation: Garments that give dignity and honor -- that is a concept quite foreign to me. In fact, dignity is connected with pride in my mind. But apparently, God values dignity in His servants. He specifically instructs garments that bring a sense of dignity to Aaron and his sons.

Application: I need to rethink my approach to ministry. I have held a high value in casualness and a relaxed approach. Being very authentic and reachable and open have been aspects that I have advanced. But perhaps my neglect of the value of dignity has been misguided. I will think about this and pray about it. What do you think?

Prayer: Lord, I want to bring You honor in the way I conduct my ministry and life. Help me to reflect the qualities that You value. Show me how I can better represent You in all I do and say.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: