Thursday, February 01, 2007

Title: Supernatural Handyman / Topic: Spiritual Gifts

Today’s Reading: Exodus 30; Exodus 31; Exodus 32; Acts 8

Scripture: Exodus 31:1-5
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, 2 "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, 3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- 4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, 5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship."

Observation: God points out a craftsman who is empowered and enabled by the Sprit of God with "skill, ability and knowledge to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze..."

Application: I tend to think of spiritual giftings having to do with spiritual matters like preaching, teaching, faith, etc. But God doesn't just give that kind of spiritual gifts. Here Bezalel is a craftsman -- and his expert skills are a spiritual gift -- enabled by the Spirit of God.'

Bottom line: Look for God's giftings for everything you do. Ask God to help you do whatever you do with excellence and by His strength and for His glory.

Prayer: Lord, help me to recognize Your touch on me and through me. May I not separate the spiritual from the non-spiritual, but help me see the spiritual aspect of everything I do. And may I be open to Your enabling hand upon all aspects of my life and work.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: