Saturday, February 10, 2007

Title: The Accessible God / Topic: God's Love

Today’s Reading: Leviticus 13; Leviticus 14; Acts 17

Scripture: Acts 17:24-27
24 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27 God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."

Observation: I love Paul's speech to the Areopagus in Athens. He succinctly gives a summary of God's nature and His relationship to mankind. I especially like verse 27 which gives the purpose for nations and boundaries: "God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him..." Everything that God does for people is to draw them closer to Himself. What a good God we serve! And the next phrase makes God's accessibility clear: "...though he is not far from each one of us."

Application: Draw close to God. He is willing and waiting. If there is any distance between myself and God, it's not God's fault. It is because of some drawing away of myself from Him.

Prayer: Lord, I want to draw near to You. I want to be close to You -- intimately close -- passionately close. Help me to lay aside anything that draws me away from You.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: