Saturday, March 31, 2007

Title: Men Of Courage / Topic: Living Strong

Today’s Reading: Judges 9; Judges 10; Psalm 49; 1 Corinthians 16

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Observation: This phrase, "be men of courage," grabbed my eye. I think how few people truly act out of courage. There is a lot of cowering that goes on as people, even good people, don't want to draw attention to themselves or don't want to raise a stir, so we just let things go.

Application: There are three other things in this verse and I think that they are all connected. That is I don't think a person can truly be a man of courage without also, being on guard, standing firm in the faith, and being strong -- all as intentional parts of life. I want to do all this and be a man of courage.

Prayer: Lord, help me to stand firm in the faith, to be on guard, to be strong, and to be a man of courage in all I do and say.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: