Saturday, April 21, 2007

Title: Dial G-O-D For Help / Topic: God's Purpose

Today's Reading:1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57; Psalm 58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8

Scripture: Psalm 57: 2 I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills {his purpose} for me.

Observation: God has a purpose, his purpose for my life. David says that he cries out to God. I think that this means that David wants God's purpose for his life and he knows that as he cries out for God's help for living, God purpose comes out through his life.

Application: I want God's purpose for me to be fulfilled. And where my purpose does not line up with God's purpose, I want God's purpose to prevail. Like David, I need to cry out to God, to be consistently calling on God for help, empowerment and insight.

Prayer: Lord, I do want your purpose for my life fulfilled. Help me to look to you always and to call on you for help.
This I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: