Saturday, January 12, 2008

Title: Just Say No / Topic: Boundaries

Today’s Reading: Genesis 29; Genesis 30; Luke 12

Scripture: Luke 12:13-14
13 Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."
14 Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?"

Observation: Jesus, who obviously could have given advice or even proclaimed a judgment about this matter, says no. He doesn't allow himself to be drawn into something that is outside of his calling and responsibility.

Application: The word that comes to mind is boundaries. And here Jesus demonstrates for us one important concept: "saying no." It is vital to not be distracted from my own calling and priorities.

Prayer: Lord, help me to stay focused and directed to the things that you have called me to do.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that Jesus wasent into people pleasing. It is hard to say no to someone when they come to you for help.