Thursday, January 29, 2009

Title: How To Be A Fool / Topic: Wise Living

Today’s Reading: Exodus 23; Exodus 24; Psalm 14; Acts 5

Scripture: Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."

Observation: There is so much in today's reading that is excellent. This particular little verse spoke to me. It is a simple principle that a foolish person (and the term "foolish" refers to someone who is morally deficient, not just simple or uneducated) has the idea in his heart that God does not exist. And his life reflects that idea -- the decisions, priorities, pursuits and activities of his life are focused on the wants of self: power, pleasure, fame, and fortune.

Application: Whenever I act in such a way that does not reflect God, I am a fool. That may seem harsh, but that is the simple truth. And even though I believe in God, it is possible for my actions to not reflect this belief. And if I, through intent or neglect, allow this to happen, I truly fit the definition of a fool. Only a fool could look at this world in which we live and conclude that God does not exist.

Prayer: Lord, help me to always acknowledge you in everything I do, say, and think. I want to live my life as if you are walking right beside me because, in fact, you are. I love you, Lord. May I always live for you.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: