Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Title: Peace & Agreement / Topic: Reconciliation

Today's Reading: Ruth 1; Ruth 2; Psalm 53; Psalm 61; 2 Corinthians 5

[I love the beautiful story of Ruth. What relief after the brutal stories of Judges!]

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
…the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them…

Observation: Thank God. He provides a way that our sins are not counted against us. And through this way, called “the ministry of reconciliation” we are brought to a place where we are no longer in conflict with God. I think of reconciliation as the process of finding peace and agreement. Just like reconciling your checkbook brings your checkbook into agreement with the bank’s records. Through the ministry of reconciliation, my life is brought into agreement and peace with God’s way of doing things. And this is a gift of God. And what a great gift! Without it, there would be no end of striving and struggling. No end of stressing to try to figure out what is wrong, trying to compensate for my dysfunction and brokenness. But because of God’s generous and compassionate gift, I can live in peace with Him.

Application: Of course, a gift has two ends: it is given and received. God has given it, but we must receive it for it to make any difference. So the first application to my life is I must receive it! The second application is that I can live with the awareness of it or I can go on as a person who is still in conflict and disagreement with God. That is, I have to put it into my daily thought and awareness for it to do any good. How do I do that? Start my day by thanking God for this gift. Remind myself throughout the day that I live by this gift. Every day lived in a clear awareness of my happy harmony with God is a great day!

Prayer: Lord, thank You for the gift of reconciliation. May I live in and walk in that gift every moment of every day. And my I be one who You use to help others to receive this wonderful gift from You.This I pray in Jesus' name, Amen

No comments: