Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Title: Know Your Place / Topic: Knowing God

Today’s Reading: 1 Kings 2; 1 Chronicles 29; Psalm 95; 2 Thessalonians 1

Scripture: Psalm 95:3-7
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Observation: God is great! He is awesome and the credentials He has are His great creation: "the depths of the earth," "the mountain peaks," "the sea," and "the dry land." Why? "for He made it." It is a critical point of worship to acknowledge God as Creator. (One of the primary reasons that fallen humanity so readily accepts the "theory of evolution" is to not have to acknowledge God as Creator.) When we know Him as Creator, it leads us to the point of worship: "let us bow down," "let us kneel." It is an inescapable conclusion because...

Application: There is an Almighty God and I am not Him. When I know Him by seeing His power and might in creation, I am compelled to humble myself. I know my place and it is to bow before Him. This is the fundamental issue of knowing God. I submit and surrender to Him. There are those who want to know God without bowing to Him. I believe that they are pursuing a fruitless path. Unless and until I know my place in submission to the Almighty, He cannot allow me to enter into any place of close relationship to Him.

Prayer: Lord, help me to approach You appropriately: humbly, respectfully, reverently. Thank You that You have made a way for me to know You as my Lord, my God, and (amazingly) my Friend. May I honor You in my life -- everything I think, do, and say.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it incredible to observe the works of His hand, and not be confused about the source? California is just a wonderful place to find confirmation of God's great works (Geography, not the people). Continue to amaze us Lord!!