Friday, June 30, 2006

Title: The Plumb Line / Topic: God's Standard

Today’s Reading: Amos 7; Amos 8; Amos 9; Psalm 104; Titus 2

Scripture: Amos 7: 7-8
7 This is what he showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in his hand. 8 And the LORD asked me, "What do you see, Amos?"
"A plumb line," I replied.
Then the Lord said, "Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel...

Observation:
[Once again the press of my schedule does not allow me to journal as fully as I would like to. Please receive these brief thoughts and add your own.]

This is an important truth: God has a "plumb line," that is a standard to which His people are held. There are things that are "true to plumb" -- they are straight and true and on the level.

Application: Our lives must seek to adhere to God's plumb line.

Prayer: Lord, help us understand and uphold Your righteous standards in all we think, do, and say.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: