Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Title: Thinking God's Thoughts / Topic: God's Will

This post has been an exercise in frustration. From an Internet outage at our home which is still ongoing, to a dead battery in my Mac, to using a PC keyboard, to losing my post just before I posted. Ironcially, I am writing about getting God's perspective in place of our own natural thoughts!

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 3; Jeremiah 4; John 11

Scripture: John 11:5-6
5 Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days.

Observation: Jesus loves Lazarus and his sisters and yet he delays His coming two additional days and the result is Lazarus' death. This would make no sense to anyone. Jesus words are questioned or challenged throughout the story. Reread it and see for yourself.

Application: I need to keep from the simple reliance on my own way of thinking. My thoughts are not His, especially when I am stressed for any reason. I must train myself not to stop and think, but stop and seek His mind.

Prayer: Lord, help me. I need a mind makeover. I want to think rightly so that my life isn't based on my own earthbound thinking.

This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Thank you for persevering through frustrations to post your blog. I, too, need to stop during times of duress and seek the mind of the Lord and let His peace fill me so that I don't give in to frustration and feeling sorry for myself. Those negative emotions do nothing to solve the problem and only make me and those around me miserable. He promises to give us peace if our minds are "staid on him". I need to avail myself of this resource!