Sunday, September 10, 2006

Title: The Unstoppable Love Of God / Topic: Hope

Today’s Reading: Lamentations 3; Lamentations 4; Lamentations 5; Revelation 15

Scripture: Lamentations 3:19-22
19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
20 I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

Observation: Jeremiah is in the midst of deep misery -- even despair. But he catches himself and stops to reflect on the one thing that can bring a glimpse of hope, even amidst the death and destruction around him: the unstoppable love of God!

Application: No matter how deep my difficulties may be -- even with the resultant depression -- there is always a place to go for hope. And that place is into the arms of my loving Heavenly Father, "for his compassions never fail."

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for Your unfailing love, Your great compassion, and Your never-ending mercy. The fact that You continue to love me and reach out to me is amazing. Thank You. May Your character of love be born in my heart as I demonstrate faith in You to everyone around me. Make me like You, Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

God's compassion, love and comfort have saved myu life in the midst of despair. I tend to be a "depressive" personality. I've been that way since childhood. I know my life would be one of abject misery without the hope and renewed daily compassions of the Lord. He has made me into a useful person when I would otherwise be paralized by depression.