Thursday, September 14, 2006

Title: The Victory Shout / Topic: Future Rewards

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 36; Ezekiel 37; Psalm 110; Revelation 19

Scripture: Revelation 19:6-7
6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!"

Observation: The end has come. God wins. His people, billions of men, women, and children have witnessed the final, awesome dispatching of satan and his minions to their eternal doom. The saints' song of praise at first sounds like the roar of Niagra Falls combined with a thunder storm! It is loud and powerful! They are shouting a cheer or chant of victory. They are so happy -- their reward is in sight. God is on the throne, evil is no more, all struggles are over.

Application: Oh how wonderful this day will be! I am so looking forward to the day when all those who trusted in Jesus, who endured through the times of sorrowful testing and trials, will be vindicated by the establishment of God's ultimate rulership on this planet. All things will be made right, all injustice will be corrected, the liars and mockers will be silenced, all the evildoers will be punished, and those who suffered will be restored, healed, and lifted up. O happy day.

Bottom line: Endure through all the hardship. Stand faithful with God because He wins in the end.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, You are sovereign Lord over the universe. You are the great Creator, and the Ultimate Power and Ruler over all created things, for You created them and they exist by Your word and according to Your will. Help me to remember Your ultimate power when I am in the midst of discouragement, doubt, or difficulty. Help me to recall the great blessing and reward You have promised to all who will remain faithful to You until the end.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

2 comments:

Cynthia Stipech said...

This may sound macabre, but when I think about the fact that I may be tortured for standing with Jesus, I think of all the people through the centuries that have been tortured and murdered for no cause whatsoever,except for th evilness of the perpetrator. They suffered and died and then it was over. I have a great reson to sustain me through such an event. I have the Lord with me. If I suffer something awful, it's over shortly and I go to be with Him forever. Not so bad.

Anonymous said...

My brother...it will be worth it all. Perhaps the prosperous times in America makes us forget the times of difficulty and tribulation that most Christians face externally. But when we see Him and the glory of his majesty, this world will seem like a black and white version of that dynamic world. Thanks for your thoughts on this.