Monday, October 16, 2006

Title: The Eavesdropper / Topic: Private Words

Today’s Reading: Malachi 3; Malachi 4; Psalm 148; Acts 5

Scripture: Malachi 3:16-18
16 Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.
17 "They will be mine," says the LORD Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. 18 And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.

Observation: Someone is listening in on your conversations. Not it's not the NSA (National Security Agency), it's the FSHS (Father, Son, Holy Spirit). According to this scripture, God is particularly pleased with one kind of conversation -- when people who fear the Lord honor Him in what they say to each other. God is keeping a log book of these conversations (called a "scroll of remembrance") which will be used in the future for special rewards. When the Lord chooses His "treasured possession," that is, His select group of people He wants for a special relationship with Himself, this log book will be referenced and those who "feared the LORD and honored his name" will make up His "treasured possession." What a high honor this would be.

Application: What kind of conversations is God hearing when He listens in on your interaction with others? Is He hearing you honor God and seeing evidence of a God-fearing heart and life? This passage encourages me to continue and grow in Godly and edifying conversations and interactions with fellow leaders and other believers.

Bottom line: Honor God with every conversation. Someone is listening and taking notes.

Prayer: Lord, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, my strength and my redeemer. May I grow in "the fear of the Lord" and honor You always with my words, actions, attitudes, and intentions.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Apparently we agree with each other.