Monday, December 11, 2006

Title: A Key To Growth / Topic: Spiritual Walk

Today’s Reading: Philemon 1; Hebrews 1; Hebrews 2; Hebrews 3; Hebrews 4

Scripture: Philemon 1:6 I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

Observation: Paul shares a key in personal spiritual growth. If you want to grow in understanding of spiritual matters, share your faith.

Application: Many people seem to be stuck in their spiritual maturity level. They have reached a certain place and they have plateaued at that level for a long period of time. They may attend church regularly but many are frustrated that they don't seem to be growing. Here is a key: share your faith. In sharing my faith, I am stretched to know more and I involve the Holy Spirit in my life by being a part of the flow of God's truth to someone else. I not only benefit them, but also myself. Notice that it says "be active." That means we need to not only do it, but keep doing it.

Prayer: Lord, help me to be more and more active in habitually sharing my faith with others. I want to be a vehicle of your saving grace to many people. Give me words and ways to share that will get results for Your kingdom.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

This is so true and often neglected. Another key to maintaining spiritual growth is tithing as a minimum giving level. God has promises for tithers that others never experience. It unlocks certain spiritual doors, as does sharing our faith with others, that nothing else will do.