Sunday, December 31, 2006

Title: King And Judge / Topic: Jesus' Return

Today’s Reading: Revelation 19; Revelation 20; Revelation 21; Revelation 22

Scripture: Revelation 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done...

Observation: Jesus is coming soon. What I notice about this verse is the phrase, "My reward is with me..." Jesus comes as Conquering King and Judge. There is much that will happen at this time. Many will be overjoyed to see the Lord. Others will be terrified.

Application: It's a simple message to end the year. Jesus is coming soon and He's bringing goodies. Live right.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for Yourself and the rewards that come from serving You. What a privilege it is to know You, Lord. Thank You for loving and choosing me. Help me to live for You and look forward to Your coming.

This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

I think it is important for us to remember that the Lord is returning and that it could happen at any time. It is a fact that will kepp our priorities in order and keep us from running amuck in sin.