Monday, January 01, 2007

Title: In The Beginning / Topic: Foundations

Happy New Year!

Today’s Reading: Genesis 1; Genesis 2; Luke 1

Scripture: Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God...

Observation: Everything starts with God.

Application: That's true in the creation of the universe, and also true in life, if we understand it rightly. Today is the beginning of a new year -- and -- "In the beginning God." As I got up this morning, I started by going right to my knees to come before the Lord and offer Him myself and my day. To ask Him for His guidance and blessing and empowering to make this day, and this year, one of the exercise of His spiritual power in and through my life. Everything starts with God, if we understand it rightly.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Lord, I thank You for Your gracious and tender mercies that You renew every morning. I thank You that You are the great "I AM" -- every day present and living powerfully in the immediacy of the now. I ask that You would bless this day and this new year with a remarkable sense of Your anointing. I want Your stamp on and in and through my life. I want to know You, to be known by You, and to help others to know You too. May Your kingdom come and Your will be done in and through my life as it is in Heaven. May I fulfill all the divine potential that You have ascribed for me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Yeah and amen. The great thing about God is that we can always have a new "beginning". No matter how we may have messed things up, we can start over and start with God. Hallelujah!