Sunday, January 14, 2007

Title: Give It Up / Topic: The Cost Of Salvation

Today’s Reading: Genesis 34; Genesis 35; Genesis 36; Luke 14

Scripture: Luke 14:33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Observation: Jesus gives a challenge. To be His disciple, the cost is total. Unlike some "easy grace" teachings, Jesus makes no bones about a "high demand" requirement.

Application: I have to give up everything to follow Him. It cost Jesus everything to become my Savior, so of course, it must cost me everything to follow Him. That's what I want to do.

Prayer: Father God, thank You for loving me so much that you give Your only begotten Son that I may believe in Him and have everlasting life. Help me to give my all -- it's really a small price for so great a salvation. But help me just the same.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: