Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Title: Unstoppable Character / Topic: Integrity

Today’s Reading: Genesis 39; Genesis 40; Genesis 41; Luke 16

Scripture: Genesis 39:2-4
2 The LORD was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. 3 When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, 4 Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant...

Observation: What does it mean, "the Lord was with him..." I believe it means that Joseph had character. He lived his life with integrity and honesty before God, and even though he was a slave in a foreign land, his character shown through. It wasn't that Joseph had the Midas touch. No he was a good, honest, honorable man. And his Egyptian master saw it. It was obvious to anyone who met Joseph.

Application: What a great testimony! Joseph had character that was obvious even in distressing conditions. Because of his character, Joseph was promoted and his life became an even bigger blessing to his master. Later, in prison, the same thing happens. Joseph had unstoppable character. He walked the walk.

Prayer: Lord, I want to be a man of such great integrity that people see it and take notice. And I want the people I lead to be likewise, so that our community will take notice. Help us to stand in strong integrity and godly character, so that Your reputation is reinforced in unbelievers because of who we are and what we do.

This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, I receive that prayer!!!Let it be so, in me.

Cynthia Stipech said...

My dear husband, if everyone had your integrity and humility (you are always seeking to do better) then the world would be a wonderful place. I am blessed to live with you.