Sunday, March 18, 2007

Title: Delight In Imperfection / Topic: Spiritual Walk

Today’s Reading: Joshua 1; Joshua 2; Psalm 37; 1 Corinthians 3

Scripture: Psalm 37:23-24
23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Observation: This is a beautiful promise. I especially like the fact that it includes this phrase: "though he stumble..." Sometimes we think God expects us to be perfect, but that is not the case. Even this man, in whose way the Lord delights, has an occasional stumble. That is encouraging to me.

Application: Don't stop in your efforts to please the Lord. He understands that we will stumble and He is there to support us, not tear us down. He keeps us from having the stumbles developing into full-blown falls.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord for Your loving and encouraging nature. May I walk in Your way that You may delight in me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: