Saturday, March 17, 2007

Title: The Beautiful Place / Topic: Intimacy

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 32; Deuteronomy 33; Deuteronomy 34; 1 Corinthians 2 (New International Version)

Scripture: Deuteronomy 33:12 About Benjamin he said:
"Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders."

Observation: I love this blessing from Moses for the tribe of Benjamin. The truth of intimacy with the Lord which produces a security and restfulness and protection. I particularly am drawn to the last phrase: "the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." This reminds me of holding a little child in my arms as he lays his head on my chest. This is a beautiful picture of safety and contentment which we can find in a childlike dependence on our dear heavenly Father.

Application: Rest in the Lord. Find places of solitude to enjoy such times with God.

Prayer: Lord, it is my stated desire to find times of close intimacy with You. However, I have filled my life with so much stuff that I rarely fulfill or even endeavor to fulfill this desire. Help me to clear space and stuff away to get to this beautiful place.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: