Thursday, March 15, 2007

Title: Fully Obey / Topic: Life Struggles

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 28; Deuteronomy 29; Galatians 6

Scripture: Deuteronomy 28:1-2
1 If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God...

Observation: I notice these phrases "fully obey" and "carefully follow." The Lord promises wonderful blessings for those who will takes these two phrases and make them real.

Application: But it is hard to fully obey. I tend to mostly obey. I don't mean to be disobedient in any way. I believe that I intend to fully obey, but though the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. What this scripture tells me is that if a person could dedicate himself to fully obey and carefully follow, there would be great benefits and blessings to that person.

Prayer: Lord, I do want to grow into a man that fully obeys and carefully follows You and Your ways. Help me to get rid of the remnants of my sin nature that keep me from doing this. Lord I want to get all that You have for me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: