Monday, April 02, 2007

Title: He Believed Her / Topic: Trust

Today’s Reading: Judges 13; Judges 14; Judges 15; Judges 16; 2 Corinthians 2

Scripture: Judges 13:6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him, "A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn't ask him where he came from, and he didn't tell me his name... 8 Then Manoah prayed to the LORD : "O LORD, I beg you, let the man of God you sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born."

Observation: I love the fact that Manoah did not doubt his wife's words, even though the story she told would have been hard to believe. Throughout this story we see that Manoah's wife is a spiritual, but levelheaded woman. She had earned Manoah's trust by being trustworthy. Because he believed her, he prayed for another visitation for further instruction in raising the child of promise and he got it.

Application: This has everything to do with trustworthiness and trust. I must conduct myself in such a way as to give others reasons to believe in what I say. And I should be willing to believe others who have likewise proven themselves as well. God does speak to people. Let's listen to what others share about His communications to them. And let us tune our ears to the Lord to hear Him and share it with others.

Prayer: Lord, thank You that You speak to people. Help me to hear you. And help me to earn the trust of others with honorable and honest living and words.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: