Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Title: Where Is The Power? / Topic: Christian Walk

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 10, 11, 12; John 14

Scripture: John 14:12-14
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Observation: Amazing words! Jesus says, "you may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." He says, that "anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing... even greater things!" Amazing!

Application: There is a gap between these words and the experience of Christians today (including me). Now there may be groups of believers here or there that are truly walking in this truth as an ongoing reality but I have never really seen this truth consistently lived out. I believe what Jesus said. I just want my experience to more closely align with what Jesus said.

Prayer: Lord, give me keys to the release of miracle power. I want to move in the realm of Jesus' words and the fulfillment of his promises that we read here. I don't want to just read about these things, and study them and teach them -- I want to see them and experience them in the life of your church all around me.

This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: