Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Title: Keep Your Wits / Topic: Spiritual Warfare

Today’s Reading: Job 41; Job 42; 2 Corinthians 1; 2 Corinthians 2

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 2:11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Observation: Interesting! Satan has schemes. Paul says "we are not unaware of his schemes." That may have been true for Paul but is that true for us? I'm not so sure.

Application: Too often I see Christians not only unaware of Satan's schemes but even cooperating with them! Naive Christians are easy prey for Satan. We have to keep our wits -- to be savvy and alert. We must pray. We have an enemy who is clever and powerful. But we have an Advocate who is even more powerful. So we have to be more tuned in to Him and in sync with His will and ways.

Prayer: Lord, enlighten my mind to understand and walk in Your ways. Alert me to the schemes of the enemy and assist me in neutralizing his efforts. May I advance Your Kingdom and keep the enemy on defense as we push forward against the very gates of hell.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

I have tended to be a person who to make fun of those who saw a devil behind every tree and under every bush. But while I don't subscribe to the theory that the devil is behind everything bad that happens to us (many times it is our own disobedience) I think that Satan is much more active than we would like to believe. We DO need to be on guard always against his schemes.