Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Title: Lost In Translation / Topic: The Gospel

Today’s Reading: Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1; 1 Corinthians 2; 1 Corinthians 3

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Observation: We who love the Lord have a perspective totally foreign to those who do not. To us the message of the cross is a beautiful thing because we have experienced its power: we have become saved -- transformed from the inside out -- by it. For the unsaved person, the cross doesn't make sense. How could a lonely man, executed by foreign occupiers on a crude stand, abandoned by his supporters be important? It seems ridiculous.

Application: As a Christian, I need to be aware that the unsaved person doesn't -- in fact, cannot -- think about Jesus in any way as I do. This should affect every word and action that I share with an unsaved person. My approach to my non-Christian neighbor must be shaped to recognize that he must be carefully assisted to see things concerning God in a new light. I must also pray that the Holy Spirit illuminates and quickens the person's understanding or all my efforts will be futile.

Prayer: Lord, help me to declare You with skill and wisdom and persuasiveness to my unsaved friends. Lord, I want to lead people to know You in a deep and real way. Give me an effective voice to reach many for the Kingdom.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

One of the key componenets to opening the eyes of unbelievers is to pray that "the god of this world" who has blinded their minds to the gospel, will be bound so that the truth can be understood by them.