Sunday, November 05, 2006

Title: Please Him Only / Topic: Serving God

Today’s Reading: Job 28; Job 29; Galatians 1; Galatians 2

Scripture: Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Observation: Paul is speaking some harsh words to the Galatian church. But he makes it clear that his motivation is that he is trying to please God, and not be a man pleaser.

Application: I want to be a person who speaks the truth in love, not because it will make somebody happy or mad, but because truth is truth and because speaking the truth in love is what God wants me to do. If I am to be a servant of Christ, I must not concern myself with trying to impress people.

Prayer: Lord, free me from worrying about what people think of me. I want to please You and get a good strong "Well Done!" when I stand before You in That Day. Help me to be strong in You.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

If we were trying to win a popuarity contest we wouldn't be Christians. Even believers have trouble receiving the truth in love. Paul is a good example of this. But regardless of what reaction we get from others we are called to speak the truth in love, whether people like us for it or not.