Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Title: Cloudy Vision / Topic: Humility

Today’s Reading: Numbers 24; Numbers 25; Numbers 26; Numbers 27; 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Observation: This statement of Paul's is something that every Christian should keep in mind. We don't have clear vision now. We do not have the ability to see and understand things clearly now. In fact, what we do see is "but a poor reflection as in a mirror." Sometimes I think that means we see things backwards. But at best, they are unclear to us.

Application: Keep humble. The bold dogmatic statements made by many Christians belie a lack of humility and an amazing arrogance. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. I know that God is way too big for me to understand Him fully. The little I do understand about God causes me to love Him and serve Him. But there is more about Him that I don't understand than that I do understand. Stay humble.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your patience with me. Help me to walk the balance of confidently sharing faith in Jesus, but being humble and teachable.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: