Friday, March 02, 2007

Title: Real Power / Topic: Prayer

Notice: This post was delayed due to a bad attitude.

Today’s Reading:
Numbers 30; Numbers 31; Mark 9

Scripture: Mark 9:25, 28-29
25 ...he rebuked the evil spirit. "You deaf and mute spirit," he said, "I command you, come out of him and never enter him again..."
28 After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"
29 He replied, "This kind can come out only by prayer."

Observation: Jesus casts a demon out of a boy. The disciples had tried to do it but had failed. Afterward, they ask Jesus why. His reply in verse 29 is significant. It states what most of us know: prayer is a key to real power in the spiritual realm.

Application: We talk about power -- we believe in power -- but do we have power? If not (and not is probably all too often true), then we can look right to this issue: prayer. Do we pray? I mean really pray. Do we travail and intercede and pray through and tarry and keep praying until we know that heaven is moving with an answer? I know that I rarely do. But I am choosing to change that. My affirmation: I am a man of prayer that is releasing great spiritual power that will cause breakthroughs for me, my family, my church, and my community.

Prayer: Lord, I thank You that You are always accessible. I purpose myself to access You more and more deeply. I choose to be a man of prayer -- and to walk in the power that comes through prayer. I thank You that You stand ready to assist me in this righteous and spiritual pursuit. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: