Sunday, February 25, 2007

Title: Snoring Through The Storm / Topic: Worry

Today’s Reading: Numbers 17; Numbers 18; Psalm 29; Mark 4

Scripture: Mark 4:36-38
36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

Observation: I just love the fact that while the disciples are freaking out about the storm, Jesus is napping.

Application: We worry a lot about a lot of stuff. God isn't worried. I want to connect more with Him so I can find out what's on His mind. I want His mind in my skull. I am sure I would worry a lot less.

Prayer: Lord, help me to know what You are all about and to have Your perspective on the things that trouble me. I want more of You and less of the old me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: