Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Title: Hard Parting / Topic: Relationships

Today’s Reading: Leviticus 23; Leviticus 24; Psalm 24; Acts 21

Scripture: Acts 21:1 After we had torn ourselves away from them, we put out to sea and sailed straight to Cos...

Observation: Paul's departure from the elders of Ephesus was difficult. Luke uses the phrase "torn away" to describe the experience.

Application: You get attached to people that you minister to and with. And these attachments can get close and meaningful. But sometimes God calls you to leave and that means leaving people behind. It is a hard reality of life and especially ministry. I am grateful for the closeness that I have with many who have been with me for many years. I identify with Paul in this "tearing" experience. It reminds me how important it is to remember that we don't own anyone. Every person that God puts into our lives, even our own children are on loan from God. And we should do all we can to bless them as much as we can while they are with us. There will come a day of parting and after that, personal ministry will be over. Make the most of every opportunity.

Prayer: Thank You Lord for the great people You have blessed me with. May I be doing everything possible to bless them and make the greatest contribution to their lives.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: