Thursday, February 15, 2007

Title: The Pleading Prayer / Topic: Relying On God

Today’s Reading: Leviticus 25; Psalm 25; Psalm 26; Acts 22

Scripture: Psalm 25:1-2
1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.

Observation: David's prayer is a statement of faith and a pleading for purpose. He says, "Lord, I have put all my hope in You. Please don't let me down. Please help me to not be embarrassed or defeated."

Application: I totally relate to this prayer. I have sold my soul to God and I am at His mercy. And I sometimes, maybe even often, feel like God has let me down. I fight a sense of failure in my work for God. I'm not saying that what I have done is without merit, but I certainly do not consider my work to be a glowing success in terms of numbers or finances or significance. So I will keep praying this prayer.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: