Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Title: The Assignment / Topic: God's Will

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 3; Deuteronomy 4; Psalm 36; Mark 13

Scripture: Mark 13:34 It's like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

Observation/Application: As I read this, I noticed that each of the man's servants has an "assigned task." It makes me wonder if I am on task. I mean, if tasks are assigned, I want to be staying on task -- I want to be all about completing whatever it is that God wants me to do. It would do no good to be doing great at something that God doesn't want me to be doing at all.

Prayer: Lord, I want to do what You want me to do. Help me to find it and do it. If what I'm doing isn't it, let me know so I can get on it.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: