Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Title: The Zap Of God / Topic: Life Change

Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 8; 1 Samuel 9; 1 Samuel 10; 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: 1 Samuel 10:6 The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person.

Observation: Samuel is prophesying to Saul about the immediate future. Among all the details of lost donkeys, and goats, and bread, and wine, and musicians is this amazing verse. What I particularly love about this is that it affirms the fact that a person can undergo a radical life change in an instant by God's power. Typically we tend to think that change can only happen over time with prayer, sweat, counseling, 12 steps, accountability, support, etc. (And of course, this is the way that change generally happens.)

Application: Be open to God's power to change you. He has the power to do in an instant what an army of psychiatrists cannot do over years. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't get help or make effort to do the things that will support the changes we seek. But I'd rather have God zap me than spend three years in counseling!

Prayer: Lord, please work Your supernatural change in my life. I know You have already and I look for more to come. Make me over in You image.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Pastor Matt said...

Lord, thank you for the change you have made in my life and in my familys life.