Monday, September 17, 2007

Title: Got Passion? / Topic: First Love's Desire

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 42; Ezekiel 43; Ezekiel 44; Revelation 22

Scripture: Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Observation: This verse has grabbed my heart for the last several weeks. We (the Church) are the bride of Christ and this verse tells of the desire of the bride for her groom. There is passion and there is desire -- it is unmistakable.

Application: But do I have this passion and desire for Jesus, my first and true love? This is the question that has seized my heart. If not, then what must I do to regain (or get for the first time) this passion and desire?

Prayer: Lord, show me the way. I want to have a burning passion for my Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! And in these perilous times in which we live it is even more incumbent upon us to make sure our hearts are tuned in to him and focused on what he wants. We must WATCH AND PRAY! His coming is nearer than we think.