Friday, August 28, 2009

Title: God In A Box / Topic: Mystery

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 1, 2, 3; Revelation 2

Scripture: Revelation 2:17
...To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Observation: Today's reading in Ezekiel and Revelation is full of strange visions -- some really weird stuff -- like "hidden manna" and "a white stone with a new name written on it." What's that all about?

Application: Every time I read these passages, I am reminded that God cannot be put in any box. Whenever I think that I have God figured out, and that I can put him into some sort of system, God moves out of my box and my system as if to simply remind me that he is God and is beyond my ability to fully know all about him. Now that should never stop me or you from doing all we can to learn about God, nor should it cause us to doubt what he has already revealed to us about himself, but it should keep us humble and seeking to learn more about him and his ways.

Bottom Line: "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Cor. 13:12

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you that you are a big God and beyond our ability to contain all that you are. Thank you for your mercy in reaching out to us and enabling us to know you, however imperfectly. Enlarge my understanding of you and keep me from ever presuming to know all about you. Thank you for being such a good, loving, and powerful Lord.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

TRUTH459 said...

Yes, I find that Hidden Mana when I meet [Mark 1:35] with Him in His Word [1Samuel 3:21] each morning before Sunrise.
Thanks, In Christ Jesus, Roger.
http://truth459.blogspot.com/
Ende...!