Monday, August 28, 2006

Title: The God Of The Second Chance / Topic: Grace

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2

Scripture: Ezekiel 1:1-3
1 In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.
2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin- 3 the word of the LORD came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the LORD was upon him.

Observation: I love the fact that God speaks to Ezekiel and gives him visions even though he and the rest of God's people have been exiled to Babylon because of their pathological rebellion. God's great graciousness is so evident! He does not abandon or forget His people. He reached out to them even as they are in the midst of the justly deserved consequences that He Himself has brought upon them.

Application: God does not stop loving me no matter what. And the range of His reach is unlimited. It transcends church, or other settings of seeking Him. He can and does find me even in the middle of the messes I make for myself. And He lovingly calls to me.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for Your gracious faithful ways. You continue to seek me and find me when I am the one who wanders away. You continually draw me back and woo me with reminders of the sweet and precious times we have had. This amazes me. Thank You for being the God of the second chance. Help me to respond to Your call and to stay close to You.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

I'm so grateful that God continually gives us chances to repent and always restores us fully when we do. We need to be like that with people as well. So often when we've been burned by people, if we give them a second chance, we hold back and wait to have them prove themselves again. I'm so glad God doesn't do that with us; He resores as if nothing bad ever happened. Help us be like you Lord!