Friday, September 01, 2006

Title: The Moment Of Truth / Topic: Judgment

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6

Scripture: Revelation 6:15-17
15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?"

Observation: Kings, princes, general, the rich, the powerful -- at this one moment they are just like everyone else. Facing the wrath of God and the judgment of God has the effect of stripping away all of our human inventions of pride, prestige, and power. The earmarks of fame, fortune, power. and pleasure fall away as every person is confronted with God's great day of wrath.

Application: This is just another reminder that there are things that bring comfort here on this earth that are ultimately worthless. If a person has not made the decision to surrender and submit to God, then a rude awakening awaits.

Bottom line: Seek first God and the things of God, and let the other things come as God gives the opportunity and the blessing. This is not a one-time decision -- it is a daily decision.

Prayer: Lord, I thank You that I and everything I have belongs to You. I thank You, Father, that Jesus took my punishment upon Himself and died for my sins so that I will not have to face Your wrath. Help me to live mindful of Your blessings and focused on You as my first priority. Thank You for the many blessings You have poured on me. May I never be distracted by the gifts but may I always find my delight in You, the Giver.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Great blog. We need to remember to keep the ultimate things the ultimate things. Focus is so important and will keep our lives balanced and happy.