Saturday, September 02, 2006

Title: Repent-Ready / Topic: Spiritual Life

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 17; Ezekiel 18; Ezekiel 19; Revelation 7

Scripture: Ezekiel 18:32 ...Repent and live!

Observation: God appeals to His people to change their lives. The above phrase from verse 32 is the climax to that appeal. The phrase is one of the basic rules of spiritual life: "Repent and live." That is, true spiritual life is only possible as we repent. Repent means to change positively toward God's will.

Application: I must be repent-ready: always prepared to bend, shift, redirect, or reorient my life based on the promptings of God. I need to recognize my propensity toward missing the mark (sin) and brokenness (the results of sin). This keeps me humble and seeking and available to God's direction.

Bottom line: Constant repentance is the only truly spiritual lifestyle. It must be cultivated and maintained. Repentance is not a one-time event. Repentance is a long-term way of life.

Prayer: Lord, I want to repent and live. I purpose to be constantly "on the stretch" for You. I desire to attune my ears, head, and heart to Your voice, and keep myself pliable to Your will. Help me to do so more and more.
This I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

1 comment:

Cynthia Stipech said...

Great post. I appreciated your comments on mine as well. If there was one thing I could instill in new believers it would be the understanding of the importance of repentance as a lifestyle.